1000 Books Before Kindergarten
Parents, have you heard of 1000 Books Before Kindergarten? The Morgantown Public Library is committed to creating lifelong readers from the start with a fun approach to establishing strong early literacy skills. The goal is to read 1,000 books (yes, you can repeat books) before your precious one starts kindergarten. With every 100 books read you will receive a prize and progress up the library’s achievement wall!
- Register online at (https://bit.ly/2GoJZlW) or in-person at any Morgantown Public Library branch location.
- Fill in a paper reading log (will be provided) or use the Beanstack App (mympls.beanstack.com) to record the books you’ve read.
- Every book counts. Even if your child wants to hear or reread the same book, you can count it each time. You can also include the books read during story time at daycare or preschool, just as long it was read in its entirety.
- When you’ve reached each 100-book milestone, bring in your reading logs and receive a prize and progress up our wall of achievement!
- When you’ve reached 1,000 books, you will enter the 1,000 Book Wall of Fame! You will even have a library book dedicated in your name so can inspire other readers!
Questions? Feel free to email us at email@example.com